Sunday, April 22, 2007

All Grown Up

Three days ago, I finally run out of excuses. Vivian's nursery has been ready since Sunday, and the immunization shots that she got on Monday are not causing her any discomfort. So, when it comes time to lay her down for the night, Jo puts Vivian in her own crib for the very first time.

Dad is up from 2am, waiting for her to wake up. Mom pops her head into the nursery at 5am for a quick breathing check. Dear Vivian sleeps straight through till 730am. It's not that I enjoy being up at 4am. Or that I can't sleep soundly without a baby noisily snorting and squealing in her sleep next to my bed. It's just that Vivian has me trained to a 3 hour sleep cycle.

Vivian's probably saying - jeez - I can finally get some sleep on a regular mattress instead of being stuck in a fucking pack-n-play.

Interested in a lightly used baby monitor? We obviously didn't need it when Vivian slept an arm's length away. It turns out that her lungs are good enough when she's in the next room.

Dads in the know tell me that they grow up so quickly. I am steeling myself for the next big milestone - college.

3 comments:

Mona said...

Not college... math homework first, then she will leave for college.

Mona said...

Not college... math homework first, then she will leave for college.

Gordon said...

boys first, then college.