I didn't want to do this with insufficient data, as ephemeral as this may be. She's done this for a week now.
Vivian sleeps through the night. She's carried to her crib after she falls sleep at about 930-1030ish at night. And she wakes up between 6 and 730 in the morning. With no squawking or crying or even jabbering in between.
And she still takes her signature long nap (3 to 4 hours) during the day. She must need all this sleep because she's taken to jabbering and moving her arms and legs every waking moment.
What does she say? Mostly a wide variety of mangled sounds. Like star constellations or intelligence data on Iraqi WMDs, I am only too eager to connect the dots and make up shit to suit myself.
The other day, she looks me straight in the eye and says "Help me".
That's pretty weired for 11 week old, I think - a bit ET-like, or perhaps a previous-life experience. But I stay calm and counter "Who are you?".
She says again, more softly but clearly "Help me".
Yesterday - I see her in the morning and say "Hello Vivian".
She cheerfully replies back "Hola".
"How are you", I continue (deciding against "que pasa" mostly because that is the extent of my Spanish, and I don't know how good Vivian's is).
"How are..." she replies, before getting distracted by her left hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment