Monday, December 24, 2007

Photo shoot at Opal's

It's Christmas Eve eve. Jo is still buying shit just because it's a habit by now. But she doesn't want me go to Lowe's to get that extra massive firewood log splitting maul I need. So we are more than ready for 3pm when it's time to meet Amanda's parents. We get to Opal's. Amanda and Gordon, Tim and Katie, and her parents who are visiting from down under are already seated outside. We sit down and order our drinks.

Gordon almost immediately gets to work with his camera. We like his stuff and have two of his photos from Death Valley hanging on our walls.

The light isn't the best - the afternoon sun is low in the sky, and half of us are squinting at the other half who are silhouettes. But the beer and fries are good, and we spend a very enjoyable couple of hours chatting away. During the whole time, Gordon occasionally walks around and
points his camera this way and that. Mostly quite unobtrusively.

It's time to leave. I ask him how many pictures he's taken in the last two hours. He consults his camera and replies "one hundred and seventeen". Click here to see nine of them that he liked. I think they are some of the best pictures of Vivian.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I underestimated - just checked, it was 210 by the time I got home...