In a few days, Jo's going to be flying off to Kansas and Nebraska for Karen's wedding. Vivian and Carol and I will drive up the yellow brick road five days later to join her. But for these five days, it's going to be Vivian and me home alone! Can you believe that? I am going to have to pretend that I'm a Responsible Adult.
It's not a big deal, you say. In fact, Jo says thinks the whole thing reeks of chauvinism. Why is it such a big deal that Daddy's got to take care of his daughter for a few days?
I'm not worried about the operational aspects. I can change diapers and feed her and give her a bath and play with her till the cows come home. Question is - how will Vivian hold up without Mom? And can I make it through the week without squash and soccer?
I think we can. But you can expect a grumpy post from us next week.
1 comment:
Arun, Here's a suggestion, if Viv starts crying, just put on a dress and pretend to be Jo. If you don't own one, I can mail you one of mine.
Post a Comment