Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Predi Dess

Jo left Vivian and me to our devices this morning for a bit.

We were coloring. Vivian jumps off her chair and heads for her room - saying "Daddy - I want predi dess". That's "pretty dress". She's still in her jamies (and will be for several more hours). We wander back to her room and start looking through the armoire. In an effort to keep it simple, I give her a bright orange choli, and she seems happy. She tosses it around her neck, settles down on a kitchen stool and poses for some shots.

I few hours later, I am running out the door for a meeting. She comes hurrying up and wants to play outside with me. I say "Sweetheart - I am in a hurry". Jo say "Daddy is busy". Vivian thinks for a moment and says "Daddy busy? I no busy".

The day flies by and it's bedtime now. Vivian is going down the hall in Jo's arms. She says "Goodnight Daddy". Then she turns and adds "I love you". And blows me a kiss as she disappears into her room.

These are good times and make warm and fuzzy and happy memories. But life isn't always a predi dess. I will save these memories carefully for all those times when I will wonder what the heck was I thinking when we decided to procreate.

No comments: