Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yucky Soccer Shoes

I went to Central Market this morning. On my way out, I asked for a balloon and explained that I had a little girl at home who really likes balloons. When I got home, I forgot the balloon in the car. A little bit later I went to play soccer. It was a very muddy game and on the way back I put my soccer shoes in a old Target plastic bag that was in the car. When I got home, I took the plastic bag and the balloon into the house. Vivian saw me walking in.

Vivian: "Daddy - you went to the grocery store?"
Me: "Yes sweetheart - here's your balloon."
Vivian: "What you buy?"
Me: "No - these are my yucky soccer shoes."
Vivian: "Mommy - daddy buy yucky soccer shoes at store."
Jo: "No - daddy just used an old bag to carry his soccer shoes."
Vivian: "Ooh. OK."


Conversation is getting pretty complicated.

No comments: