Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Peanuts?

Months ago I taught Vivian a few handy anatomical terms but Jo didn't approve (specifically of "anus"). So I dropped it. Through disuse, the terms have mutated in Vivian's brain. Penis is now "peanuts".

That brings us to this morning. We were in Room 6 waiting for Dr. Z, Jo's trusty OB/GYN. He entered and started telling Vivian how beautiful she was. She interrupted "Doctor - my mommy has a baby in her belly and it's getting bigger and bigger and I'm going to be a big sister".

This announcement inevitably led to cold alien-green jelly being squirted on said belly and sound waves being directed at said baby. Vivian stood up on my lap and peered somewhat anti-climactically at the squirming ultrasound image of our new tadpole. She was silent for a second or two. Then she said "Daddy - does the baby have peanuts or a huha?".


No comments: