We didn't have any eggs for waffles this morning so Vivian and I went to Randalls. On the way there, the Dora CD plays "what will you be when you grow up...".
Vivian: "When I grow up I want to be a Princess".
Me: "But honey, what if I'm not a king?".
She: "Daddy - just pretend to be a king. I'm already your princess".
We park. A Bud Light truck pulls into the parking lot.
Vivian: "Daddy - why is that big truck here?"
Me: "It's bringing beer".
She: "Oh".
We walk into the grocery store. A nice old couple catch Vivian's eye. She waves to them. They say "Hello beautiful - how are you?".
She says: "I'm good. That truck just got beer for my mommy and daddy".
They stop smiling at Vivian. And glare at me instead. They follow us around to see how much beer I am going to buy. We get the eggs and Vivian waves to them on the way out.
In the car, I say: "Sweetheart, mommy and daddy don't drink much beer".
She replies: "No Daddy - you drink wine too".
Silly girl. Here's a picture of Vivian sucking down a lemonade at the Flying Saucer yesterday. She walked in, sat down, and told the waitress "I need a drink". I gave her the look. She corrected herself: "I need a drink please".

No comments:
Post a Comment