I love my starches. Going paleo in Austin was hard - I missed rice and pasta. But I missed tortillas more. Growing up in Hyderabad, we always had fresh hot chapatis with dinner. So I naturally wanted to re-live that experience again.
One evening we got Savitri to come and make us chapatis while we ate dinner. That was pretty good. Jo watched her make the chapatis and announced that she would make them one day. I laughed.
Today lunch was that day. Jo pulled out the flour and started getting ready. I asked if I should make some rice as a backup. Jo told Vivian that Daddy doubted that she could make chapatis. I corrected her - I didn't doubt her - I disbelieved her.
A few minutes later we were eating delicious chapitis. They were so good we ran through them all and Jo had to get out some more flour and start all over again.

No comments:
Post a Comment