Sunday, September 29, 2013

No Schmoozer

The other day Evan and I went to Ramsey park while Vivian was at her drumming class. We had a great time. And I was again struck by his decisiveness and clarity. That boy knows what he likes and what he wants and isn't confounded by choices.


If he doesn't understand what anyone said to him he right away says "I didn't hear you". And he's quite precise and matter of fact in his speech too. The other night I kissed him goodnight and then went over to Vivian's bed to do the same.

"Dad - you didn't hug me" he said. So after I finished up with Vivian I went back to him and hugged him - a little longer than usual perhaps because after all he had requested a hug. After a couple of seconds of that he said "OK, dad. Thank you for the hug. Now you can go." All very politely and nicely. For all his cuddliness and people skills, he's no schmoozer.

No comments: