Saturday, July 26, 2014

After Effects

Vivian went to religious camp with her cousin Ava a month ago. She returned after three days and nights with two arms and two legs and no external signs of a lobotomy.

But now, seemingly a whole lifetime later some after effects are slowly emerging. Vivian sits and makes crosses. In the photo below she is crafting one out of a broken plastic hanger, a twig and the torn remains of a child's bracelet she found in the Noordermarkt plaza by the playgrounds. You can see it sitting in front of her.


And here she made one from a piece of bamboo, a twig and some weeping willow at Oosterpark. What's next, I pray?

In other seemingly unrelated but also mildly disturbing news, facebook now thinks I may live in Dawson. I'm not saying that I'm looking to blame anyone. But if I did it would have to be Nicolle. And some of them Burns.


No comments: