Monday, December 19, 2016

Preaching to the Choir

I'm beginning to worry that I'm going to burn in heaven - lately I'm spending more time in churches than pubs.


Even if it's for Vivian's choir practice. But all that practicing came to fruition recently. She and her group went to Galveston for a overnight trip as featured guests at the Galveston Dickens on the Strand festival (unfortunately it rained most of the time and the poor choristers were very very wet). Then, last weekend, they caroled holiday shoppers at various places around town.  This weekend they had their winter concert. Vivian - I have included a photo of the program so you see what you sang long after that piece of paper is gone.


Today Vivian and her choir group were at the Texas State Capitol for the benefit of the Electoral College. My dear daughter - you were there when the trajectory of history changed. The Texas delegate of the Electoral College pushed Trump over the needed votes while you sang patriotic songs


While Jo and Vivian were at the Capitol for almost five hours this afternoon tearing their hair and hearts out, Evan and I went Christmas shopping. He asked if he could buy this plaque for his mother. Yes, Jo and I have been cursing a lot. Better get used to it, kids - four years is a long time.


No comments: