After a year's sabbatical (I don't work outside in warm weather) we are back to the tree house. With Evan's help I'll have it done in no time.
This morning Evan hums:
A little bit later:
"So dad, do you think you are sexy?"
"Yes. Very sexy"
"I don't think so"
"You better check with mom"
"Mom - is Dad sexy?"
"Sure"
From across the room, Vivian covers her ears and screams and runs out.
JoEllen and I have open conversations with our kids about these things. Earlier this week I described the scene from "Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask". The part where Woody Allen is dressed as a sperm and they are getting ready to rush the egg. Evan and Vivian imagined the part and pretended to swim towards an egg. It's either going to all work out or Vivian and Evan and going to spend a lot of time in therapy as adults.
For instance, when Vivian drew this on the white board the other morning.
Me: "Vivian - that's a great sketch"
Vivian: "Thanks, Dad"
Jo: "Why is that girl standing on a hairy penis?"
Vivian: "Mom - it's a runway, not a penis. Those are people in the crowd"
Jo: "Oh - it really looks like a hairy penis"
This morning Evan hums:
"I'm sexy and I know it"
After a few times I tell time that this is inappropriate for his age.
"Why?"
"Do you know what sexy means?"
"I know what sex means"
"Well - sexy means you want to have lots of sex with that person"
"Arghhhhhhh"
A little bit later:
"So dad, do you think you are sexy?"
"Yes. Very sexy"
"I don't think so"
"You better check with mom"
"Mom - is Dad sexy?"
"Sure"
From across the room, Vivian covers her ears and screams and runs out.
JoEllen and I have open conversations with our kids about these things. Earlier this week I described the scene from "Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask". The part where Woody Allen is dressed as a sperm and they are getting ready to rush the egg. Evan and Vivian imagined the part and pretended to swim towards an egg. It's either going to all work out or Vivian and Evan and going to spend a lot of time in therapy as adults.
For instance, when Vivian drew this on the white board the other morning.
Me: "Vivian - that's a great sketch"
Vivian: "Thanks, Dad"
Jo: "Why is that girl standing on a hairy penis?"
Vivian: "Mom - it's a runway, not a penis. Those are people in the crowd"
Jo: "Oh - it really looks like a hairy penis"



No comments:
Post a Comment