Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Sailing

I've never sailed in the Med before so it was a blast to skipper a 51 foot beauty around Tyrrhenian Sea and the Aeolian islands for a week. My crew of seven were good or willing sailors from whom I learned a lot and they were also a heap of fun, though our sister boat out drank us easily by an order of magnitude.

We visited the islands of Lipari, Panarea, Basiluzzo, Stromboli, Salina, Filicudi, and Vulcano. I ate some seriously good Aeolian food and a lot of raw swordfish and tuna, drank more than my fill of local wine, and swam in the amazingly blue waters of the Mediterranean sea. 

At the end of the day I learned that there are places that I'd never heard of till last week that will knock my socks off.


Next time I'm in these parts I hope it's in a cat and with Jo, Vivian and Evan.

No comments: