Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Car Seat Episode

Our seating habits seems to have changed a bit when Jo and I are both home (which is almost always). We either sit out of sight of the other, or in a pile (with the baby on top and me at the bottom). While we were practicing pile sitting the other day, Jo expressed her intent to install the car seat. I thought that we would have to disengage from the pile (the car is in the garage, we are on a couch, that sort of thing). But before moving to the garage, Jo had to whirl the car seat around her head several times while reading the booklet that came with the car seat. I was writing some really cool perl code - a program that reads a part of itself from the database and then executes itself (told you it was cool!). We were still in pile formation. It took all my concentration to ignore the mass of cheaply made plastic that periodically missed my prefrontal cortext by inches. The code probably ended up being buggy. I asked Jo if she was pissed off with me because I wasn't helping with the car seat. She sweetly said no - and I believed it (even I can tell when Jo is pissed). It was just a consequence of each of us doing different things while in pile formation.

Anyway, Jo shortly went to the garage and had the car seat installed. I went out to take a look and had to marvel at how we had managed to so easily accessorize a late model series 3 bmw. I mistook it for a Dodge Subarban Town & Country Villager minivan or something.

1 comment:

JoEllen said...

"I went out to take a look and had to marvel at how we had managed to so easily accessorize a late model series 3 bmw."

I take issue with the use of "we" and "easily"....