It snowed in Austin today. Real honest flakes the size of q-tip heads. The last time this happened in our part of the world, I proposed to Jo.
The ground is still hot from our 70 degree winter. So there was no accumulation. We watched the flakes land - one moment a beautiful snow flake. Next moment a little puddle. Things can change so quickly. We were single before the last snow storm.
It took us about 10 minutes to get cabin-fever. We just had to get out. So we bundled up and decided to walk to EZ's for a bowl of chili. On the way, in Ramsey Park, the frozen grass crunched underfoot (I had to put that in because those exact words went through my head and mouth as I stepped on the grass in the park). EZ's was closed. So was the Taco Shack. We headed for Central Market instead and sucked on hot chololates (highly recommended - made with full milk) and chocolate cheesecake. Mmmm.
On the way back, Jo looked a bit uncomfortable. We were in front of the colon and rectal surgery place on Medical Parkway (got to have one of those in your neighborhood, y'know). I asked her if she was OK. She said it was the baby. I said "What does it feel like ? She replied:
"Like a bowling ball in your pants. Except it's in your organs".
I couldn't empathize with that, but I can sympathize.
No comments:
Post a Comment