Vivian turned two-and-a-half yesterday.
We went out to get a bite with Amanda and Gordon who have moved to somewhere between the south pole and west Texas. On the way back, Jo and I were chatting. When we do that, sometimes Vivian gets a bit upset - specially if she feels that something is happening without her. So she pipes up from the back seat:
Vivian: "Daddy, mommy - stop talking"
Me: "Why?"
Vivian: "Because you are freaking me out"
She says things that surprise the heck out of me all the time.
Last week, Jo and Vivian came to the airport to get me. When Vivian spotted me, she came running on her tippy-toes, screaming "Daddy, daddy". I heard her and turned and she ran into my arms and wrapped herself tightly around my neck. It was a wonderful feeling that I will remember for a long time. The other people on my flight assumed that I was in Iraq for the last seven years or something.
This morning, it was time to go to Crossfit. I hadn't done [a] squat in two weeks, so I thought it prudent to try a couple at home first to loosen up, rather than deal with Jen's withering gaze and comments. Vivian stood next to me and did her squats. I usually take her to the gym at the end of Jo's workout to switch her off with Jo so I can work out. So she knows how to squat and lunge and do push-ups. Today Jen took some pictures of me looking like a dork in pain - I was in my third set with the girlie kettle bell (16 kg - yes Jo probably does pull-ups with them tied to her toes). I had to come back home and let Vivian watch Dora for half an hour while I napped on the living room floor. I think Vivian likes workout days.

No comments:
Post a Comment