Earlier this summer Nicolle turned a respectable age (I won't publish exactly how much). To celebrate, last week Jo and Nicolle and Michelle and Greta and Carol and Stacy and the Omaha girl cousins and more went to Las Vegas for a few days of debauchery. I was left holding Devyn and Vivian for the duration.
The girls did really well. There were no meltdowns and everything went even smoother than I expected. I plied them with movies, ice-cream, fries, and water activities. They painted, drew pictures, sang, danced, played, quarreled, and sometimes napped. In five days I did three loads of kid's laundry. And I taught Vivian to say "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas".
They busted the myth that two kids are easier to look after than one. Or even that two kids aren't twice as much work. Tomorrow I am off to Canada to hike in the Rockies. Boy - am I ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment