Friday, October 30, 2009

Eat KitKats Like a Caveman

I recently read Pollan's book which resonated with my thoughts towards food. He advised to "Eat foods. Not too much. Mostly plants". And when I lay there like a lump of 100,000 grams of trans fats on the gym floor and Jen admonishes me to eat better (which, to paraphrase her paleo diet, would add - "And meats" to Pollan's), I think that perhaps I really should try.

So the other day Vivian and I went to Wheatsville. Vivian impressed the stockers by naming brussels sprouts, snow peas, mushrooms, acorn squash, and many other vegetables that we bought. Then we went to Musashino and ate big-eye sashimi and boiled edamame for dinner - which can't be that bad for you. This was followed the next day by a lunch of filet mignon, roast leg of lamb, grilled asparagus, and fresh hearts of palms at the churrascaria. By dinner time, when we fixed chicken and mushrooms and snow peas at home, I was feeling pretty smug. Several meals under the belt and not one gram of refined grain or sugar had passed my lips.

And then Vivian went to bed and Jo and I popped popcorn in the microwave and ate it with a whole bag to Halloween KitKats. Arrrgh....

No comments: