Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seamen

Evan turned four months old today. He rolls over, laughs, talks very loudly, growls, farts like a champion at the National Sauerkraut Eating Contest, and grabs hair, forks, plates, toys and anything he can reach.

Vivian is getting very good at following conversations. When Jo and I talk, she listens and assimilates. If she has difficulty, she asks lots of questions.

This morning, after cup cakes from Upper Crust while Jo was cross-fitting, Vivian watched Lilo and Stitch for the hundredth time. She asked me why Lilo was sad. I said it was because Mr. Bubbles was going to have to take her away from her sister. After dinner I gave her a big hug. She asked me what the hug was for. I said it was for eating well and being well behaved during dinner. She said "and if I don't get into trouble they won't take me away from my daddy and mommy like they took Lilo away". Which caused Jo and me to convince her that no one was taking her away from us. Period. Didn't matter how she behaved. In hindsight, we should probably have left some wiggle room and a bit of doubt...

Then Jo turned on the Tivo and John Stewart was showing a clip from the new Jennifer Aniston movie. The Jen character says that she needs semen. Vivian asks "Mommy, what is semen?"

I was laughing so hard I didn't hear all of Jo's response which involved people from the Navy who are on ships and because they sail the seas they are sometimes called seamen....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jo is a very clever. Good thing because the questions only get more difficult and/or personal. :o)