Friday, January 07, 2011

Daddy Son Day

Modeled after Friday Fun day at Grace Garden, Evan and I now have a Daddy Son day. On Friday mornings, Jo usually takes off to the gym soon after seven in the morning. And Vivian comes back from school at about 130 pm. Between those hours, Evan is my responsibility - starting today. Except when it's time for mammalian secretions.

I started a little before 6 am this morning when Evan awoke and shook the house with his primordial "I'm not sleeping anymore" screams. The morning passed easily. Sometimes Evan played and I worked - with periodic reversals when I would attempt to move a toy out of Evan's reach and Evan would type a few keystrokes on my computer. The weather was great so we went to the park and played on the swings and in the jungle jim.



It ended up that Jo had to go to a meeting this evening so Evan's day ended with me putting him to bed.

Vivian and I get along so well that most strangers look at us and say "Daddy's little girl", or "Daddy's princess". Yes, she is. But Vivian is very much a mama's girl. Except when she's in trouble with Jo over something, she never explicitly asks for Daddy. Evan is different. Even when he's perfectly contentedly sitting on Jo's lap, he'll reach out for me if I walk by or come into the room. The day went well. Consider us bonded. Looking forward to next Friday kiddo.

No comments: