Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Not a Hiker

This is the picture of Evan walking with Jo. It's a big deal because these are the only few steps where his feet touched the trail during yesterday's hike. Jo had to bribe him: "If you walk I'll give you a cookie". After a while he gave her back the cookie and preferred to be carried.


He was sound asleep on my back for the first part of the hike. Then Jo and I had to take turns carrying him like a sack of beans once he woke up.


Jo put him down on the trail and he sat there even after we said bye and walked away. I had to trudge back down the hill to get him. I can't yet tell if he's dumb-ass-stubborn or pretty-darn-smart. My suspicion is it's the former.


Vivian hiked almost all of it. I'd say about 99% of it. And it wasn't an easy hike. Three to four hours, steep uphills, steeper downhills. She ready for some serious hiking. Healey Pass, here she comes.

No comments: