Wednesday, January 09, 2013

No Pictures All Words

I took a lot of photos in Belize with my iPhone. It was my first trip without my camera or computer. My phone does both jobs reasonably well. So well in fact that one morning when I went swimming at the beach I was careful to take off my shirt and take out my wallet but I jumped in with my phone. By the time my sensible wife showed up and asked it was too late for the three month old phone and all those photos. And because there was no wifi in our condo to backup my phone, the only cloud was the one in the sky and it didn't have my backup.

This morning I visited the apple store back in Austin. My phone is chock-full of salt and sand. The bits that held my photos are gone. I needed a new phone. The good news is that about five minutes after the "genius" unpacked a new phone it felt exactly like my old one before I filled it with sand. All my apps, music, non-Belize photos, contacts and calenders were loaded and the screen had Vivian and Evan's picture. It's nice that the technology works so well.

So, dear blog - you'll have to read the stories about our trip to Belize and back and imagine what it looked like. Meanwhile here's a motley collection of photos. One from my iPhone that I had already posted to fb, and rest from Jo's iPad.






No comments: