We have two states - Nikki's and Bobby's. On NPR I hear Lakshmi Singh and Meghna Chakrabarti (Ms. Singh is of Indian heritage by way of the Caribbean) most days. The newest Ms. America is one of our agents. Nicolle complains that even is sleepy old New Braunfels there's an Indian or two in every classroom. A recent study on migration showed that the largest number of migrants in the world are from south Asia. That's an euphemism for India. Many are seeking political office or high profile careers in journalism. But it's been whispered that the really insidious ones are quietly getting married to white women (or men) and procreating stealthily. Vivian, Evan - what do you have to say to that?

ps. Nicolle commented that she "loves her Indians". And Sharath mentioned that the new Ms. America's folks hail from Vijaywada - a few hundred miles from my home town, Hyderabad. And that her grandmother was a pioneer of Montessori education in the state. Grandma's pioneering spirit paid off.
1 comment:
I WAS NOT COMPLAINING. I LOVE MY INDIANS ;) It was just surprising because several have moved here recently.
Post a Comment