Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Napping Problems

Evan doesn't like to sleep. We though that it was because he woke up scared. But after he cycled through four excuses one night a few months ago ("scared", "thumb hurts", "want water", "feel like throwing up") we think he just bullshits. So now when he wakes up at night we tell him to go hang out on the couch. Which he does, sometimes for an hour or two and then he goes back to sleep.


I was an insomniac from childhood till a few years ago. And Jo got to be that way since her pregnancy with Vivian. So it's no surprise. When Evan sleeps badly at night he crashes in the afternoon. Even as he protests against his nap. Yesterday he stopped speaking mid-sentence. When I looked over, he was out. Crazy and I joined him a few minutes later for a late afternoon nap. It's going to be another night of wandering for Evan. 

No comments: