Back in October of 2010 Karen tagged me to a Facebook meme where I had to list my 15 favorite authors. Sometime this summer Ash and Sharath did something similar, but for books. I'm going to use the original list of authors and just add my favorite work by each. Lazy.
Isaac Asimov - Foundation series
John Kennedy Toole - A Confederacy of Dunces
Neal Stephenson - Cryptonomicon
Agatha Christie - And Then There Were None
Enid Blyton - The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat
Louis L'Amour - Hondo
John Irving - A Prayer for Owen Meany
Richard Dawkins - The Selfish Gene
Hergé - The Secret of the Unicorn
Richard Feynman - Six Not-So-Easy Pieces
Shakespeare - MacBeth
Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead
George Orwell - 1984
Tolkien - The Hobbit
So far, the Tintins (by Hergé) and a few Enid Blytons are the only ones I have shared with Evan and Vivian. The John Irving is the only one in the list that I have read only once but I have liked most of what he has written and so he gets included. Everything else I've read at least a couple of times, some many.
I'm adding one more book to the list. I loved it when I was a kid. My dad read every story to Alu and me. And now, a few times a week, I read them to Vivian and Evan. The World's Best Fairy Tales, a 1967 anthology of the 69 best fairy tales, published by Reader's Digest.
Isaac Asimov - Foundation series
John Kennedy Toole - A Confederacy of Dunces
Neal Stephenson - Cryptonomicon
Agatha Christie - And Then There Were None
Enid Blyton - The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat
Louis L'Amour - Hondo
John Irving - A Prayer for Owen Meany
Richard Dawkins - The Selfish Gene
Hergé - The Secret of the Unicorn
Richard Feynman - Six Not-So-Easy Pieces
Shakespeare - MacBeth
Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead
George Orwell - 1984
Tolkien - The Hobbit
So far, the Tintins (by Hergé) and a few Enid Blytons are the only ones I have shared with Evan and Vivian. The John Irving is the only one in the list that I have read only once but I have liked most of what he has written and so he gets included. Everything else I've read at least a couple of times, some many.
I'm adding one more book to the list. I loved it when I was a kid. My dad read every story to Alu and me. And now, a few times a week, I read them to Vivian and Evan. The World's Best Fairy Tales, a 1967 anthology of the 69 best fairy tales, published by Reader's Digest.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment