Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Boy Finds Ball

Jo and Vivian had finished dinner. I was keeping Evan company. He was still shoveling forkfuls of Maggi noodles and chicken into his face. Then he reached down to the end of his ribcage with one hand and grabbed it, slipping his fingers under the ribs.

"Daddy - look when I can do!"
"That's pretty interesting. But don't pull your ribs out" 
"And when I do this I can feel this thing moving"

His hand had disappeared under the table. I assumed to his kneecap.
"That's your kneecap you can feel"

But then I noticed a goofy sort of look on his face. I dipped my head below the table to see what was going on. He was feeling his scrotum through his shorts.

"Ah! Those are your balls"
"But there's only one"
"There had better be two"
"You want to help me look"
"Not now. And it's best to do what you are doing only in private"
"Ok" and a surprised look.
"So you have been feeling your balls everywhere"
"I don't remember" which is his go-to phrase for "I don't want to talk about it".


No comments: