Simran came over to celebrate Vivian's first Holi.
For non-Desi's, Holi is the festival of color. It's celebrated in India on the first full moon in spring and signifies the victory of good over evil (I don't know that, but it's a safe assumption). We burn effigies, throw color at each other, OD on sweets, and drink a spot of bhang.
Simran brought beautiful marigolds instead of toxic colored powders. I didn't remember to offer sweets. And, as for bhang - heck - I think eggnog is bad for you.
The two girls saw each other for the first time. But their molecules - the ones that were once a part of their fathers - have known each other for many years.
I shot a bit of video and set it to music by Rabbi. Click here to see it on google.
2 comments:
Nice to see Simran and Vivian together. You made me go look up bhang, and I like eggnog. Mona says hi and to kiss Vivian for her.
Gorgeous. All of it. Every bit.
Especially the part about their molecules - the ones that were once a part of their fathers - having known each other for many years.
Thanks for sharing.
Genève
Post a Comment