Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jesus' Birthday

On the last day of school today, Vivian's class celebrated Jesus' birthday party - with cake and balloons and all (due to a prior engagement with our couch I couldn't go but Jo did). Vivian and the class sang Christmas themed songs and celebrated. When she got back I asked how it went. Vivian said that they had a nice party for Jesus. I asked if Jesus was there. She said that he was at someone else's home.

In the big scheme of things, this is good indoctrination. There is a chance, however small, that she'll remember why we celebrate Christmas during the coming orgy of gifts.

So she's running around the house and singing - with hand gestures and all:

Go, tell it on the mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere
Go, tell it on the mountain,
That Jesus Christ is born.

It's very cute. Here's a mind experiment. What would I think if she ran around the house in a burka singing "Allahu Akbar"?

No comments: