This evening for a couple of hours, Jo and I had four kids: Brandon and Hailey in addition to ours. Two 3-year olds, a 1-year old and Evan who turned three months old earlier this week. As kids go, they are a well-behaved bunch. After a few days of acting like a freak and being prone to fits, Vivian was good. She and Brandon played well together as always. Hailey was calm and sweet tempered. Evan was not cranky.
Then Hailey started to crawl into the bathroom and help herself to cat food. Evan gurgled some spit-up. Brandon chased the cat. Vivian tried to dress Brandon up in her dresses. In this case and in general, we managed to restore calm without panic. But a nagging sensation of being on the verge of instability persisted.I looked at Jo and said "I feel like I'm living in a day care". She replied "and that's why we don't have four kids". Amen.
ps. I finally downloaded a picture of Hailey from my camera. She's calm and serious and cute.

2 comments:
HAHAHAHA!
Ms Cas - are you laughing because we were a bit overwhelmed with just 4 kids..:-)
Post a Comment