Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spreading the Blame

A couple of days ago Jo found some bed sheets bundled up in Vivian's play clothes basket. She had set them out on the carpet earlier in the day and wondered how they had ended up being stuffed in the basket. So Jo asked Vivian if she had done it.

Without breaking stride Vivian replied "I didn't do it". About 5 seconds later she added "I think Arun did it". While riding piggy-back on me!

I stammered and replied that I hadn't done it and I was "Daddy" and not "Arun". She gave a shrug and held her hands up for mommy as if to say "OK - who are you going to believe?".

She is shy of 3 and a half. Am I doomed?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes you are, Arun. Yes you are. But in a good way :)

Cas Longo said...

That is the down side to having a very bright child!

Unknown said...

Of course you are, but we've known that for a while.

What I want to know is, why did you stuff the sheets in there anyway?