Tomorrow Evan will be six months old (he was born the day of the Deepwater Horizon explosion).
He's changing in front of my eyes. Last month Jo went to visit Vicky. I didn't see the kids for the better part of a week. When they returned I felt like I hadn't laid eyes on Evan for a month. And then I was gone to India for a week earlier this month. In spite of frequent skype-ing, it was a shock to see how much he had changed when I returned.
Yesterday he's speech was mostly a stream of vowel sounds. Today he chatted in consonant filled babble and modulated his voice.
The lad likes to eat as much as he likes to talk. It really pains him to see us all eat while he sits empty handed. The other day we went to Musashino. Evan got more and more agitated as he watched Vivian and me slurp our Miso soup and Jo chomp down tempura crabs. Eventually we had to give him empty edamame shells to suck on just so we could finish the meal. That taught us a lesson. Now Jo carries all kinds to goodies that he can slobber on (cut peaches, carrots and bagels are usually good) while we eat.

where's my breakfast
Wish you a happy half year birthday little guy and may you soon have teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment