Stars Wars is back with a vengeance. I wouldn't have found out for another year or two - not till Evan got to be the target age. Today we went to Vivian's classmate's birthday party. It was Star Wars themed. The host parents and several others said that their boys are crazy about Star Wars (including, yes - "Angry Birds Star Wars"). We came back home with inflatable light sabers and R2D2 cookies as party favors.
Earlier this morning before the party Evan wanted to fight. He had his inflatable sword and spared with me. I seriously thought that it was time I went out and bought myself one too. So it was interesting when they got their light sabers at the party. Evan held on tightly to his. Even when he fell asleep on Jo's shoulder!
For their afternoon naps and then tonight when we tucked them into bed both Vivian and Evan took their light sabers to bed. And we started watching the first of the original Star Wars trilogy this evening. We had to pause for bed time but not till the kids got to see Luke wield the light saber for the first time. It was exciting to see their eyes light up.
I saw the first movie on opening night at the Sangeet Theater in Secunderabad. I was around 13. It was the most incredible movie experience of my life up till then. Seeing it again this evening I noticed it's aged better than me. But back then I would have found it hard to believe that one day I would watch that same movie with my daughter and son in Austin, Texas. While they played with Chinese made inflatable light sabers. I would have imagined we'd have real ones by now.

No comments:
Post a Comment