Vivian and Evan wrestled in the lobby while Jen put in a great performance. Then everyone got together for a quick photo. In the instant after the photos were shot Evan jumped up from Ingrid's lap and ran about 30 feet to a young African American man who was taking the photos. The whole group that had assembled for the photo held their collective breath as did the young man. Then Evan grabbed his leg. Everyone gasped. Finally Evan looked up and realized that it wasn't his dad. I guess we all look fucking alike.
Later that evening we went to someone's house for awesome barbecue. Their neighbor's son and Vivian and Ava and Evan entertained themselves for three hours in the back yard. At one point the lad pulled out handcuffs and cuffed Ava and Evan's legs. I told Evan that this may happen again later in his life. If it did, don't panic. Call your sister for help.
On the way back home after the party Vivian demanded that we arrange a play date with that lad. Jo asked her what his name was. She didn't know. While she was thinking hard Evan kept coming up with nonsensical names. That's when Vivian said "Evan, stop. I can't think with you talking." I can see that happening many more times in their lives.




No comments:
Post a Comment