On a Thursday morning in early July Jo woke Evan and Cade up early to get them ready. I put the last few things in the car. Carol drove up in her truck with her dogs and we took off towards Nebraska.
Our first stop though wasn't that far from home. We pulled into Waco to meet up with a third car - Nicolle and her brood along with Vivian who I hadn't seen in four days. We met at Michelle's mother's business and the dogs got to stretch their legs and empty their bladders amongst the mobile homes for sale.
About thirteen hours later after innumerable stops across four states where dogs and children hopped in and out of cars we were quite fortunate to arrive with our entire party intact. We tumbled out of the various cars - all eight children, five adults and six dogs - into the side yard of the house on the south east corner of Ridge and Tenth in the bustling metropolis of Dawson, which is to be our home for the next 15 days.
Uncle Tom and Aunt Anna walked up to welcome us and right there I got my first drink of local home made wine. I think it's going to be all right.


No comments:
Post a Comment