Vivian has a few quirky habits that her parents consider marginally cute. But I do hope she drops them before she's a teenager.
When she's excited, her whole body gets rigid and she clutches her fists and she looks super dorky. It's worried me enough to where I hoped to have her re-enact it at her once-a-year meeting with her doctor for her 3rd birthday wellness check, but I forgot. Here's a picture.
Then there's what Nicolle call "Pete and Re-pete". Sometimes the record gets stuck mid-sentence and it seems like she forgets what the next word is, and then forgets where she was except for the current word which she starts repeating till someone falls over from boredom or old age. It goes like "I drew a picture of a purple purple purple purple purple purple.....".
But her strangest behavioral quirk is that she rubs her upper lip with her index finger when she's tired and / or anxious - till the upper lip is red and sore. Sometimes we put her to bed with a band-aid on her upper lip so she doesn't aggravate it. She hasn't done this for some time now. But she had a red lip when she woke up from her nap this afternoon. We got in the car to go somewhere and I saw it in the rear-view mirror and mentioned it to Jo. Vivian overheard us and said: "Mommy - my lip is red because I was screwing around with it". We'll need to chat with Ms. Mary about the kind of language she's picking up at school/church.

No comments:
Post a Comment