Kids these days speak like adults. Really.
When we were having brunch with Jen a couple of weeks ago, Jen asked Vivian something. Vivian started her reply with "Unfortunately...".
Last week Vivian asked me if I had found any snakes in the garage and followed it up with a story about snakes "When I looked up in Grandma's house I assumed the strings were snakes". I don't think I used "assumed" in a sentence till I has at least three times her age.
One morning before school Jo did Vivian's hair with a clip. After inspecting herself in the mirror, she airily announced "Daddy I look like a high school girl. Are you taking me to school?" When I enquired why I should drop her off at school, she replied "Because I look so pretty".
This afternoon she had this sour look on her face. I said "Vivian - are you not happy about something?" She snapped back "That's just how my face is". Ouch.
Jo is stimulating the economy - Fedex and UPS combined for four trips to our home today. Vivian collected up all the cardboard boxes in the kitchen and made her "home". She settled down amongst the cardboard and invited Evan and me to join: "Daddy, Evan - come hang with me".
While getting her ready for bed, Vivian ended up in the corner. Here's how it happened:
Me: "Vivian - get ready for bed now."
Vivian: "Yeah - whatever."
Me: "Don't whatever me."
Vivian: "OK - whatever."
1 comment:
Just wait until she is a teenager and Evan is a tween, like Sam and Sarah are now. It gets much harder. In fact, I often tell David I should really start drinking. I mean, I've saved my liver all these years for something, right? :o)
Post a Comment