This morning Evan took a nice long bath and then we spent some time at Ramsey Park. Evan was being a Big Boy and did not want me to mess with him. He stood up and walked around and climbed and slid and explored on his own.
Then we got back home and I fed him chicken and rice soup. This morning during breakfast Vivian made a burbling sound with her lips and Evan was quick to imitate. Except that when he burbles with his mouth full of egg, he spits egg everywhere. To change his behavior I offered him another fun sound he likes to make - clicking. I clicked my tongue a few times and he gave up burbling and switched to clicking.
Back to chicken soup and lunch. About half-way through lunch, Evan started burbling and spitting chunks of rice. I told him to stop. Jo laughed and so he kept at it. I pointed to the floor and asked him if he wanted to be put down on the floor.
The boy stopped burbling immediately and started clicking vigorously.
We joke that Evan's our dumb jock. But if he keeps this up, we are going to have to re-evaluate that claim. On the other hand, kiddo, if you get your sister to read this blog to you in a couple of decades, you'll have to agree that we had you pegged...:-)




No comments:
Post a Comment