Conservations with Vivian have always been interesting. Yesterday she asked why I didn't think God was real.
"Ms. Sally says God is real". Ms. Sally teaches Vivian chapel.
"Sweetheart - you shouldn't believe everything that everyone says."
"But I believe Ms. Sally."
"Would you believe Ms. Sally if she said that there was an elephant on top of your head? You should think for yourself. Don't always believe Ms. Sally or anyone including us and this".
A few minutes later we were horsing around and I ended up holding Vivian up-side-down. I told her that I was going to drop her but it was okay because God would save her. And she squealed "Daddy - God isn't real".
It was all fun and games and we were laughing. But I felt guilty about my methods for about one microsecond. Till I reminded myself what I'm up against in the brainwashing department.
No comments:
Post a Comment