Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cinderella

Cinderella is (unfortunately) one of Vivian's favorite stories, and it's her ballet recital this year.

When Jo first told me that Vivian's recital was going to be held when Jo was going to be away in LA, I had two questions: "Is Vivian OK with it?", and "Who is going to do her hair?"

Answers: yes and you.

I had help. While Vivian would miss her mother, she'd probably forget it soon, surrounded by her aunts and cousins and of course her grandma, all of who were going to come up again this year. And I had backup. If I fudged up her hair, Michelle, who is a hair wizard, would only be one couch away.

Jo showed me how to do Vivian's hair on the day of Vivian's dress rehearsal. And put all her hair products and accessories and dance dress and shoes in a bag for me.

As instructed, I washed Vivian's hair the night before (Don't wash it the same day because it will be too hard to work with). Grandma brushed it out very carefully. Then, with three pairs of eyes helping me, and a can of hairspray at hand, I got her hair done.

The recital was a success. The kids were amazing. And Vivian was a bundle of joy on stage. I'll add clips once the official video is available. Here are some photos from before and after the show.




No comments: