It's not that we are alone - it's that Mommy isn't home.
Jo is in LA for the weekend living it up with her friends. This is Evan's first time without Mamma - and he's happy to report that so far he's holding up.
From experience, I know that it's best under theses circumstances to keep them busy. Time flies. They are tired out by the activity. And no one notices that dad's not got his ducks lined up.
After we dropped Mommy off at the airport, we went to Central Market (shamefully, to buy a pre-packed lunch for Vivian). We took the opportunity to play around in the play ground. Then it was time for Vivian's school and Evan's morning nap. When Evan woke up from his nap, I whisked him off for a walk in the stroller and a few minutes at Ramsey Park. Then we picked up Vivian and played at home for a bit. Afternoon naps followed. Then I had a trimming accident and needed a quick trip to the barber shop (during which I dropped the children off at the Shahs). We rounded out the day with a picnic at Northwest Park. Jen took care of the kids while I stuffed myself with kale salad and bacon wrapped dates. They ate a huge helping of sausage and followed it up with watermelon. I felt that my kids were eating more than the Crossfit coaches and took them home. It was past Evan's bed time. A cartoon later, it was Vivian's bed time.
This morning Evan awoke a 6am. We played and ate fruits and finally had to wake Vivian up at 715. Then we went running with the Shahs at Town Lake and ate breakfast at Whole Foods. It was a lovely morning - here are some pictures.
Time for Evan's morning nap. Vivian and I read some books and chatted with Mommy on the phone. Lunch and afternoon naps. I had to wake Vivian up to give her a quick shower before her ballet recital. She was crying loudly to protest being pushed under a shower while she was still asleep - when her cousins and aunts and Grandma walked in. Got her dressed. Aunt 'chelle took care of Evan and J while we went off to the recital. Followed by chaos in the living room - a very hyped up Vivian and an excited Evan played with their six cousins. Dinner. Evan to bed. A bit of The Wizard of Oz. Vivian's bed time. End of Day 2. Two more to go.
I haven't been able to get an ounce of work done. Otherwise things have so far gone very smoothly.


No comments:
Post a Comment