Saturday, May 26, 2012
Walking
Yesterday I woke up to Evan telling anyone who'd listen "Daddy. I want go walk". That's the most complex sentence he has ever said. But he's a big boy now. For the longest time he stayed a minimalist and called both Jo and me "mamma". Then he slowly tried on "daddy". Hesitantly at first, and only after he had first said "mamma". As in "Thank you mamma. Daddy", even if I was the only one around and he was talking to me. Then he gradually dropped the preceding "mamma" when he wanted to say "daddy".
So we went and walked around Laguna Gloria museum after we dropped Vivian off at school. He gleefully pointed out "tree" and "flaow" (flower) and "ant" and "bug" and "roipoi" (rolly-polly) and "lava rock" (sorry kiddo - it's just limestone around here), and "wawa" (water - as in Lake Austin), and even "li bulb" (light bulbs) as we walked.
Later after we came back home, I was in the back bathroom when Jo was looking for me. She told Evan to go call daddy. I heard him getting all self-important and yelling out "Arun - come here".
So the boy is talking up a storm. But it's funnest to hear him talk when you are driving around. His favorite things to look at, point out and say are: school-bus, bish-tuk (big truck), house (yep - any type of building from a single family home to a twenty-story downtown VMU is a house), and back hoe. And as you can image, when driving around Austin, he is always running into at least two of the above four. And the bigger they are, the louder he gets.
"Bis tuk, house, HOUSE, school-bus, BIS TUK, back hoe, BACK HOE, bis tuk....". Non-stop. I think it's driving Jo insane. Literally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment