Monday, October 08, 2012

Bikes

The kids love their wheels. Vivian rides her bike like a pro. Evan has been on Vivian's old balance bike (actually Cousin Ava's) a couple of times but today he opted to grab the old trike for the trip to the park. Used to be Vivian's trike but she hardly used it. Then Neighbor Ava used it for a bit and got pretty good at pedaling.


It was slow going in the beginning. Vivian biked to the stop sign at the end of the block and back a dozen times before Evan and I made it past the neighbor's front yard. I tried to dissuade Evan. "Hey - let's put the bike away and run to the park". But he was having none of it. "I want to take my bike to park". After a bit he got the hang of it. And then pedaled all three blocks there and back. And proudly announced to all who cared to stop and hear "This is my bike". It's a treat to see someone develop motor skills like that in a matter of minutes.

No comments: