Monday, October 01, 2012

Through the Cracks

Looking back at blog entries from three years ago, in September of 2009 Vivian was saying things like "Mommy, Daddy - I propose that we...." and singing "Mary had a little lamb". We got all excited today because Evan asked to go to China Cafe to eat. He mentioned the restaurant by name. Whoopty doo.

I shouldn't compare the kids but I worry that their natural differences are getting further magnified because Evan is sorely suffering from the second-kid syndrome. Evan's education seems to be falling through the cracks of my life. I don't know the name of a single kid in his class. I've never met another parent.

Today when we were driving back from dinner (China Cafe) Vivian was teaching Evan in the back seat. She'd say "Say CAT". And he'd say "CAT". Then she'd say "Say CAN" and he'd repeat that. May be she senses the problem too. And unlike me has decided to tackle it head-on.


Meanwhile Evan looks like a mean bunny stuck in a class of teletubbies. I tell you that's what his class feels like. Both times I've been in there. Which explains why I haven't see any other parents.



No comments: