Last week Jo went to Evan's classmate's birthday party. The cake was from Costco. It made an impression on Jo. So we set about looking for Costco members and after asking one person we decided to drive to the devil's lair itself and become members. I felt like crap from flu symptoms and Jo was on Tamiflu. So we walked in like zombies and tried hard not to scoff at the extra extra large packages while stuffing as many of them as we could into our shopping cart. Here Jo is modeling an extra large gift card!
Then we picked the kids up from Ms. Mary's and went to Target. Evan chilled and lounged on the cart and we tricked Vivian into looking the other way while we got her a lump of plastic with fake hair (some sort of a horse with accessories for doing it's mane and tail). Then Sam showed up to babysit and Jo and I went to Walmart to buy plastic chairs for grownup's to sit on at the park. You'd think there's only so much plastic and and so many big box stores you can do in one day. But all's well that ends well. We finished out date night at the cake ball restaurant nibbling on tiramisu cake balls and milk shake made with a good sized shot of Old Monk rum.
And the cake? It was a huge success. Here's a photo of Jo cutting it up while Kiren points out the slice he wants. Several parents complimented us on the cake and asked where it was from.



1 comment:
I'll be right back - I have to peel Alu up off the floor. He passed out when I told him you joined Costco.
Post a Comment