Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Acid Rain

Vivian's last unit of enquiry at school was about the planet and the environment. She learned about acid rain.Yesterday  I left the car running for a few minutes in the morning to warm it up. Vivian came up to me and said urgently "Daddy - turn off the car!". Why, I asked. "Because you are making acid rain."

And Evan is armed with even dangerously less information about it. When I dropped him off at school it was raining. I got him out of the car and told him to put on the hoodie of his rain jacket and run inside quickly. He said "Why daddy? Is it because it's acid rain? Is it going to kill all the plants?"

I tried to calm him down. "No Evan. It's not acid rain. It's because you'll get wet."


The end of the innocence. The photo above is from September. Before acid rain.

No comments: