It's finally pool weather in Austin. Last weekend we went to Grandma's where eventually four mothers, eight children and I gathered for a lazy Mother's Day.
Vivian had made some jewelry for Jo and put it in a heart-shaped box. We had already eaten some of Evan's Mother's Day gift so he got Jo a bar of chocolate. And I helped the kids select a photo from the last year (it turned out to be from last month - Easter) an they picked out a frame each for Grandma and for Mommy. But the best part of Jo's Mother's Day was what was inside Vivian's card. The adorable sketch of mother and daughter, in matching dresses, holding hands. And this (after spellchecker):
Sweet, short and utilitarian with the slightest trace of a threat in the aftertaste.
Vivian had made some jewelry for Jo and put it in a heart-shaped box. We had already eaten some of Evan's Mother's Day gift so he got Jo a bar of chocolate. And I helped the kids select a photo from the last year (it turned out to be from last month - Easter) an they picked out a frame each for Grandma and for Mommy. But the best part of Jo's Mother's Day was what was inside Vivian's card. The adorable sketch of mother and daughter, in matching dresses, holding hands. And this (after spellchecker):
LOVE MOM. I LOVE YOU. YOU DO EVERYTHING I NEED YOU TO DO
Sweet, short and utilitarian with the slightest trace of a threat in the aftertaste.



No comments:
Post a Comment