You can't get in the car these days without hearing Evan say "this is my favorite song". And he hasn't met a song that isn't his favorite. All efforts by Vivian and I to explain the meaning of favorite have been thwarted by Evan's lack of consideration for logic and Jo's protectionist attitude ("Evan, they can all be your favorite songs, don't listed to Daddy").
Evan tries hard to understand the words and the context though he doesn't always get it right. So he wanders around after listening to Rick Martin just once and hums (on youtube at: http://youtu.be/gMJAwcv46c0 ):

Evan tries hard to understand the words and the context though he doesn't always get it right. So he wanders around after listening to Rick Martin just once and hums (on youtube at: http://youtu.be/gMJAwcv46c0 ):
The other day he sang Bruno Mars "now my baby is dancing but she's dancing with an M&M". Followed by a question "Mommy - why is he sad because his baby is dancing with an M&M?".
Vivian has a cajón at home from her drum class for practice. Later the kids put up an impromptu concert. I shut my ear drums and encouraged them as heartily as I could. As neither Jo nor I are musically inclined I fear that raw talent (or the lack of it) can only take them so far...

No comments:
Post a Comment