Here was yesterday's google doodle on my browser. It freaked Jo out. "How the fuck does google know it's your birthday. It's creepy."
The party went off very well. Alu came in for it. Drinking Austin's best margaritas while meeting so many old friends (I was having too much fun - I never ate a bite but I hear the food was great). And dancing to ABBA with my dear wife who arranged it all. And dragging home tones of fine single malt, including the one that was hand carried back from Scotland last week. It required a couple of Scots to talk their way into a secret Scottish whiskey society so they could procure a 29 year old single cask.
Turning 50 is a blast.
When I dropped Evan off at his school, one of the teachers up front asked him something. He said "Pepe quatro Ce". I waited till the teacher was out of earshot. "What the hell was that?" I asked.
"Daddy - she asked what class I was in. I told her PP4 C"
"Oh"
"And you don't know how to say that in Spanish because now you are 50"
"Hmmm"
The party went off very well. Alu came in for it. Drinking Austin's best margaritas while meeting so many old friends (I was having too much fun - I never ate a bite but I hear the food was great). And dancing to ABBA with my dear wife who arranged it all. And dragging home tones of fine single malt, including the one that was hand carried back from Scotland last week. It required a couple of Scots to talk their way into a secret Scottish whiskey society so they could procure a 29 year old single cask.
Turning 50 is a blast.
When I dropped Evan off at his school, one of the teachers up front asked him something. He said "Pepe quatro Ce". I waited till the teacher was out of earshot. "What the hell was that?" I asked.
"Daddy - she asked what class I was in. I told her PP4 C"
"Oh"
"And you don't know how to say that in Spanish because now you are 50"
"Hmmm"

No comments:
Post a Comment