This morning I took Evan to his first day at Martial Arts of the World Camp or something of that sort and then I went to workout. Jo took Vivian to one of her many dentist's appointments and then went by Madcaps to check if Vivian had lice.
She did. So her treatment took up the rest of the morning.
I have observed that lice elicit a very deep reaction of disgust from many people - the kind Carol reserves for snakes. Vivian last had lice almost three years ago - an infestation at the school in winter where the kid's jackets and hats touch each other. I expressed my surprise that Vivian had picked up lice in summer and the lice picker (she's probably got a better official designation) said that it was high season. "Camps" she announced conspiratorially.
And then I dropped Vivian off at her first day of camp this summer - clay camp - and told her not to stick any lice or clay in her hair.
She did. So her treatment took up the rest of the morning.
I have observed that lice elicit a very deep reaction of disgust from many people - the kind Carol reserves for snakes. Vivian last had lice almost three years ago - an infestation at the school in winter where the kid's jackets and hats touch each other. I expressed my surprise that Vivian had picked up lice in summer and the lice picker (she's probably got a better official designation) said that it was high season. "Camps" she announced conspiratorially.
And then I dropped Vivian off at her first day of camp this summer - clay camp - and told her not to stick any lice or clay in her hair.

No comments:
Post a Comment